16TH "CRITICAL CARE ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY COURSE" LEURA - BEGINNERS (only)
Leura Critical Care Echocardiography - Beginners (Day 1 and Day 2)
Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 September 2019
Level 1 - A two-day course held in the picturesque Blue Mountains for intensivists, emergency physicians and anaesthetists. This course will suit you if you want to learn basic critical care echocardiography.
The application of echocardiography in the management of the critically ill patient is well established.
Standards of practice now dictate that physician training in echocardiography requires guidelines and a structured training course.
Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 September 2019 - (Beginners)
- Level 1: RACE for the physician wishing to learn basic echocardiography as an extension of the physical examination
The Beginners course consists of:
- Rapid Assessment by Cardiac Echo (RACE PLUS):
- A two day Hands On Workshop on the application of ultrasound in assessing the heart and chest in the acute setting.
- Objectives: To enable the acute care physician to evaluate pericardial Effusion/Tamponade, left ventricular contraction, right heart function, and preload assessment.
- Dinner at the Carrington Hotel (Katoomba) included on Sunday 14th September 2019 - (3 course meal) - if you would like your partner to attend please "add to cart" $100 for your partner to attend. Transport to and fro included from The Fairmont Hotel.