"A" - RACE PLUS BEGINNERS - 17TH "CRITICAL CARE ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY at LEURA (only) 2 days
A. Leura Critical Care Echocardiography - Beginners (Day 1 and Day 2)
Thursday 3rd September & Friday 4th September - (Beginners)
Level 1 - A two-day course held in the picturesque Blue Mountains for intensivists, emergency physicians and anaesthetists. This course will suit you if you want to learn basic critical care echocardiography.
The application of echocardiography in the management of the critically ill patient is well established.
Standards of practice now dictate that physician training in echocardiography requires guidelines and a structured training course.
- Level 1: RACE for the physician wishing to learn basic echocardiography as an extension of the physical examination
The Beginners course consists of:
- Rapid Assessment by Cardiac Echo (RACE PLUS):
- A two day Hands On Workshop on the application of ultrasound in assessing the heart and chest in the acute setting. (Live models)
- Objectives: To enable the acute care physician to evaluate pericardial Effusion/Tamponade, left ventricular contraction, right heart function, and preload assessment.
- Dinner at the Carrington Hotel (Katoomba) included on Saturday evening 12th September 2020 - (3 course meal) - if you would like your partner to attend please "add to cart" $100 for your partner to attend. Transport to and fro included from The Fairmont Hotel.