RACE Plus - Nepean Hospital
ICET - Level 3 West Block
Intensive Care Education Training
RACE PLUS BEGINNERS - "CRITICAL CARE ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY now at Nepean Hospital
RACE PLUS - Critical Care Echocardiography -
Beginners (Day 1 and Day 2) - Now at Nepean Hospital
Thursday 3rd September & Friday 4th September - (Beginners)
Level 1 - A two-day course held at Nepean Hospital (ICET) at the foot of the Blue Mountains for intensivists, emergency physicians and anaesthetists. This course will suit you if you want to learn basic critical care echocardiography.
The application of echocardiography in the management of the critically ill patient is well established.
Standards of practice now dictate that physician training in echocardiography requires guidelines and a structured training course.
- Level 1: RACE for the physician wishing to learn basic echocardiography as an extension of the physical examination
The Beginners course consists of:
- Rapid Assessment by Cardiac Echo (RACE PLUS):
- A two day Hands On Workshop on the application of ultrasound in assessing the heart and chest in the acute setting. (Live models)
- Objectives: To enable the acute care physician to evaluate pericardial Effusion/Tamponade, left ventricular contraction, right heart function, and preload assessment.
Day 1 & Day 2
3rd September, 2020 & 4th September (Thursday and Friday) 2020
Click here for the programme
** By submitting this form, you agree with the refund policy, and understand the registration is valid only after paying the registration fee within 24 hours.
- Withdrawals more than 8 weeks before the start of the course will be eligible for a 80% refund.
- Withdrawals between 4 to 8 weeks before the start of the course will be eligible for a 50% refund.
- Withdrawals between 2 to 4 weeks before the start of the course will be eligible for a 20% refund.
- Withdrawals less than 2 weeks before the start of the course will not be eligible for a refund.